Does your dog love treats? There is no better way to let your dog know how much you love them than with easy homemade dog treats.💓
Have you ever met a dog who doesn’t love a special homemade dog biscuit?
Dog treat recipes should be homemade, healthy, and easy.
And boy, have I found one that has it all and you can bake them up in no time flat. Because honestly, I know we all don’t have much extra time in our 24 hour days, so this recipe is perfect – especially for those of us with limited time.😉
What more could you ask for? Right?
Read on for the recipe:
*Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links, meaning I earn a commission if you use those links at no cost to you. I always only recommend brands I trust and ones I think you’ll love.
Easy Home Baked Dog Treat Recipe:
When I say easy, I mean it, and my two dogs Mia and Sonny, love them. After I make them, I usually keep them up on top of the refrigerator, and they will sit and stare, looking up at them until they get one or two.
This recipe comes from a company called Knead Love Bakeshop. It was started by three kids who wanted to feed their dog Penny healthy treats, not store brought ones.
I love the fact that kids started this business and how they understand the importance of making sure their dog was being fed healthy ingredients.
Because honestly, For the most part, there’s too much junk out in the markets today – I can’t even figure out half the time what any of the ingredients are with the long crazy names. LOL
It’s such a great story!
You can read all about them over on their website kneadlovebakeshop.com.
This a recipe mix that’s in a Jar, and as I said, it’s natural and healthy plus not to mention mess-free.
The Mix is 100% Natural and Organic and comes in different flavors.
- Peanut Butter & Banana
- Grain-Free Cheese & Carrot ( That’s a favorite for my dogs)
- Chicken & Sweet Potato
They also have a special flavor of the month, which changes, so always be sure to check back each month.
Easy Homemade Healthy Dog Treats That Give Back:
Ok, so now you know how great these dog cookies are which is great but did you know they take it one step further and give back to those in need by donating some of their profits to animal-related charities.
Right now it is to help the Australian wildlife until January 31. 2020.
How To Make The Easy Homemade Dog Treats:
The baking instructions:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease your baking sheet
- Shake the jar and open the lid to pull out the piping bag then turn the jar upside down to drop the mix into the piping bag.
- Untwist entire lid to remove.
- Now use the jar and measure the cold water needed then pour cold water into the piping bag.
- Twist to close the bag.
- Next, use your hands and Knead the mixture for about 3 minutes or until it looks like a smooth consistency.
- Cut the tip-off of the bag ( There is a line on bag that shows you where to cut).
- Hold the top of the twisted bag with one hand and use your other hand to squeeze mix onto a baking sheet.
- Each treat should be 1.5 in diameter and 1.5 inches apart.
- Wet fingerprints with a little bit of water to flatten and smooth the top of each treat.
- Put a cookie sheet on the center rack of the oven.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden for chewy treats or 40 minutes for crunchier treats.
- When done, turn off the oven to let cool. Makes 3-4 dozen treats.
As you can see from these instructions, It’s easy and straightforward to make.
You will also receive the baking instructions from Kneadlovebakeshop.com with your cookie mix to keep on hand.
As an extra bonus, the jar the mix comes in will also serve as a place to store your home-baked biscuits – be sure to store in a cool place and if not consumed within a week Knead love bake shop suggests storing in refrigerator or freezer for longer shelf life.
Instead of using a cookie sheet, I like to use fun silicone baking molds. They come in some cute shapes. I have it in a paw, bone, and heart shape – makes the cookies extra special, I think…
Save this post to read later! PIN this to your favorite Pinterest board…..
Natural Dog Treats Baked With Love:
Feeding our dogs treats that are healthy is a way we can help them stay happy and live a great life. So it’s a win-win when we bake these easy homemade dog treats from Knead Love Bakeshop – In my opinion, biscuits like these are what we need, so we can keep them healthy and still be able to spoil them with love at the same time.
Give these treats a try for yourself.
*Please note all opinions are my own and always check the ingredients if your dog has any allergies towards food.
Until next time,
Have a pawsome day!
P.S. Let me know in the comments if your dogs have ever had these treats..